Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spade (Fish) with Rice

My friend brought over some fish that her dad caught last summer and told me I had to cook it.  She did the same thing to me a couple of weeks ago and so I tried to reproduce the amazing recipe I made (and did, fantastically I might say!).

This will work with any lighter, white fish (preferably not too light of a fish, but it would work).

Ingredients
  • 2 cups of rice
  • 2 filets of fish
  • Lots of olive oil :)
  • Herbes de Provence
  • Salt and pepper
  • Garlic powder
  • Onion powder
  • Cajun seasoning (I use Slap Ya Mama)
  • Some sort of seafood rub
I cooked the rice before hand because fish only takes a couple of minutes.  But cook the rice just a little before it's soft and then put cooked rice into a large sauté pan and cook it on a high heat.  Drizzle about 3 tablespoons of olive oil over the rice and stir it in and then add the herbes, salt, and pepper to your taste.  You can allow it to brown a little if you'd like, or just allow the flavors to mend.

After you've cut your fish to your preferred size, on each side of the filet cover in a light coat of garlic and onion powder. I like to do both sides of the fish, but you could just do one; I think it is much better with both sides seasoned.

In a medium sauté pan, heat olive oil (about 2 tablespoons) on medium-high heat.  When the oil gets hot, add the fish and cook on each side for about a minute.  After each side has turned color, cover in a light coat of your cajun seasoning and seafood rub on both sides of the fish and allow the fish to cook thoroughly.
Serve the fish over the rice.
Garnish if you'd like :)

No comments:

Post a Comment